Chris Wood, CEO of Africa’s carriers’ carrier, WIOCC, will be an expert panelist in a discussion session about Investing in Next Generation Networks – Delivering broadband services for Africa on the first day (Wednesday, 18th June) of TMT Finance & Investment Africa 2014 in London, UK.
There is enormous demand for new telecoms infrastructure and services across the continents and many billions of dollars of investment and financing is required. However restructuring, consolidation and realignment of business models and portfolios is also essential to raise the investment capital.
The discussion is expected to focus on effective technologies, investment models and standards for rolling out mobile, and topical issues including:
- Mobile and fixed broadband network deployment – cost and implication
- Government and Regulation – how can policy stimulate growth?
- Broadband technology assessed – FTTH, LTE, HDSPA and Satellite
- Spectrum management – preparing for digital dividend
- Next Generation Investment Models – From PPP to Open Access
“Continuing to improve access to broadband networks is vital for Africans and Africa. I am very much looking forward to discussing the topic with my fellow panel members, and I hope this will help those looking to deploy or invest in the next-generation networks that will continue to shape Africa’s future” said WIOCC CEO Chris Wood.