WIOCC will be present at the International Telecoms Week (ITW ’13) being held in the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Chicago, USA from 13th – 15th May, 2013.
Chris Wood – CEO, Ryan Sher – COO, Mike Last – Director, Marketing and International Business Development and Winnie Karisa – Marketing will represent WIOCC at the event.
Chris Wood will be participating in a panel discussion on Tuesday 14th May, 2013 at East Tower, Gold Level, Columbus CD conference room. Mr. Wood will offer his expertise and comments within the spotlight on Africa panel session titled ‘Driving data demand in Africa’. Some of the topics to be discussed on the panel include:
• Tracking the impact of subsea cable connectivity on nascent markets
– identifying markets with the largest data needs and growth projections
• Determining terrestrial infrastructure needs for quality, redundant and reliable services
– is there sufficient deployment of additional terrestrial infrastructure
– tracking IP growth vs. terrestrial network growth across the continent
– evaluating the opportunity represented by large markets like Libya and Ethiopia if liberalized
• Motivating in-region content development to create data demand
– how can service providers promote content creation and distribution to drive demand across their networks?
– when will Africa live up to its bandwidth promise?
• Driving mobile internet uptake and adoption
– cheaper handsets = more eyeballs?
– LTE timelines and viability
– which content and applicants will drive the proliferation of bandwidth?
• Establishing a roadmap to provoke the explosion
To arrange a meeting with the WIOCC team please contact Winnie Karisa at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.